The MOOC on ‘Informational Cartography, GIS and Urban Studies” is an online course that initiates students of architecture and urban studies to the field of geo-informatics and its various uses. It explores various concepts related to GIS and illustrates how remote sensing and geoinformatic data can support urban studios.
The MOOC has been developed in two parts:
Part 1, which is an introductory course that deals with fundamentals
Part 2, deals with advanced data extraction and analysis, forms of information processing and deployment of web-based geo-informatic resources.
What Will You Learn?
- The course introduces the idea of Geo-Spatial Data, the different platforms available, real-life uses, etc. It articulates fundamental concepts of GIS and Urban Data Analysis and exposes students to the various geo-spatial platforms used in Urban Studies.
Informational Cartography, GIS and Urban Studies: Part 1
1. Mapping the World – An Evolution16:35
2. Maps, Data and the Everyday City13:20
3. Geospatial Platforms for Urban Studies-117:55
4. Geospatial Platforms for Urban Studies-215:04
5. Do Maps Lie? : Projections and Reference Systems17:43
6. Remote Sensing14:16