The Lens of conservation studies and projects now involves a more urban angle, given the ever changing landscape leaving behind traces of the past. My interest lies in extracting these layers and amalgamating them with modern yet sensitive design solutions for urban infrastructure Infills in these historically important landscapes. As a working professional in the field of Conservation for the past 8 years, I’ve been lucky to formulate many such Site Management plan, visitor management plans for historic as well as UNESCO sites. I also have an interest in making Detailed Project Reports for various monuments and heritage buildings and urban precincts.
Along with my deep interest in Urban issues in historic landscapes I also enjoy restoring heritage buildings and have been working as a Conservation Associate with Abha Narain Lambah Associates for the past 7 years where I have been a part of various restoration and museum design projects.
I also have my individual works where I am restoring modern heritage. I also enjoy writing about Urban issues and policies that govern, make and break cities.
1. Part and project architect for the Team under Abha Narain Lambah Associates for the Restoration of the KENESETH ELIYAHOO SYNAGOGUE, Mumbai awarded the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit in 2019.
2. part of the team for the Team under Abha Narain Lambah Associates for the Preparation of the Nomination Dossier and Site Management Plan for the UNESCO world heritage site of the Victorian and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai nominated in 2018.
3. Part and project architect for the Team under Abha Narain Lambah Associates for the Restoration of the KENESETH ELIYAHOO SYNAGOGUE, Mumbai awarded the HUDCO award for the best conservation project 2020.
4. Conservation Consultant for Le Corbusiers Sanskar Kendra Museum, Ahmedabad, with Karan Grover Associates.
5. Team member as Architect with Abha Narain Lambah Associates for Preparation of Site management Plans for UNESCO world heritage sites of the Amber Fort Rajasthan, Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhgaya etc.
Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute
for Architecture & Environmental Studies
Vidyanidhi Bhawan II, Vidyanidhi Marg, J.V.P.D. Scheme
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Pin – 400 049
Ph: +91-22 26700918
+91-22 2620 0923
If you want to keep up with the what’s latest at KRVIA, please subscribe to our bi-annual newsletter by entering your email id.