Ketaki has special interests in researching climate change uncertainties and vulnerabilities, and exploring the coping mechanisms of the indigenous communities living in urban areas. Her interests lie in the realm of sustainability through transformative initiatives. She strongly supports participatory approach in design to create transformation in the society.
Ketaki is passionate about exploring the evolution and future of dense, urban neighborhoods. She believes that these neighborhoods are like organisms and need a very critical and surgical approach. She is the co-founder of the organization Bombay 61 Studio, an innovative and experimental urban solutions think tank. It facilitates urban design and research projects with public participation as the key idea. Ketaki has worked in the economically deprived areas and indigenous communities of Mumbai to understand their vulnerabilities, with a bottom-up approach aiming towards sustainability. She uses her professional experience of working closely with the communities to channelize her passion for teaching.
- Presented the 'Versova Koliwada, Climate change uncertainties and vulnerabilities' project at the Tranformations conference 2021, Pollen conference 2021 and Gobeshona conference 2021.
- Exhibition of project work for public participation at the Versova Seafood Festival, 2020
- Participatory Community Workshop in Versova Koliwada, 2019
- Presented Bombay61 Projects at ‘The Vyakhyan’, LTIADS, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai 2019.
- Conducted workshop on ‘Urban Overlaps, Gilbert Hill Mumbai’ at KRVIA, Mumbai 2018.
- Conducting annual workshops in the slums of Dharavi for NYU Abu Dhabi in collaboration with URBZ since 2016, dealing with urban solutions under theme ‘Engineer’s for social impact.’
- Published a paper on the walkability strategies around the upcoming Metro stations in Mumbai for the quarterly publication of Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation, 2018.
- Presented the project of Development strategies for Versova Koliwada at the International Conference on Humane Habitat, 2018.
- Presented the project of Development strategies for Versova Koliwada at the ‘Vision Versova 2018’ organised by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
- Awarded Special mention at Volume Zero Tiny House, International competition 2018 for the project ‘House for Kalbelias’.
- Awarded Second prize at the City and Water’s edge, 2017 International competition organized by KRVIA, Mumbai for the project ‘Mumbai – Versova Koliwada’.
- Awarded First prize at the Dencity Shelter Global, 2016 International competition for the project ‘Mumbai – Versova Koliwada’ (Team work)