A leading resource for the study of architecture and urbanism. The digital platform offers access to a wide range of books, journals and publications ranging from architectural theory to expert design guidance.
The Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies Library has a rapidly growing collection of books on architecture and other arts from the world, covering their development through historical periods and philosophical values they embody. Also included in the library are the resources on literature, cinema, photography, history and philosophy. This library is regularly referred by in-house faculty, students, fellows, researchers, as well as from other institutes.
A digital archive of resources (out of copyright) viz., visual materials consisting of drawings, maps, students’ works and video clippings is also being created to aid academic activities. However, in-house access to these digitized documents of various activities in the institution are also permitted.
The KRVIA Library consists of two sections, the Catalogue and the Digital Library sections. The sections are cross searchable allowing users to seamlessly access cultural and contextual content along with technical and design.
Greetings from the library!!
As you all are aware, due to the pandemic, the Institute remains closed. The KRVIA Library, however, is provided with restricted access and would require prior permission. The following are the SOPs/Protocols for functioning of Library during COVID-19 Lockdown :
Protocols for the Library users and Staff
Users (Students and Faculty)
1. In the reading hall, only one student per table will be permitted, for a duration of 2 hours only.
2. The users will not be allowed to enter the book shelves area.
3. Only 5 students can access the library at a time
4. To visit the library, prior appointment from the librarian should be taken. Kindly fill the Google Form given in the link below.
5. Identify the books/thesis in advance using the catalogue/digital library from our website and share the details of the same, a field for which is provided in the same Google Form.
6. The books will be kept ready at library on the next day of request.
1. Library working hours : 10.00 am to 1.00 pm
2. External members are strictly not allowed till further guidelines from the Government.
3. Wearing of mask and sanitizing is compulsory before entering the library.
4. Following the social distancing norms is mandatory.